Where I've worked and what I've done
January 2019 - January 2021
Working with the Marketing Design Director I helped to run the central in-house design studio for Ascential, with direct responsibility for the Lions and Money20/20 event brands and 5 designers.
Wider responsibilities include creative reviews, brainstorming and design sprint sessions, senior stakeholder management, brand guardianship and personal and professional development of the designers
March 2018 - January 2019
Head of Creative & Brand Experience
Responsible for the on and offline creative direction and development of Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, along with its regional EMEA festivals.
I manage the in-houseteam creating artwork, new product & brand development, working with agencies and senior management to deliver and implement design, major projects, partnerships, brand activation across
January – March 2018
Senior UX Copywriter
Leading a small team of UX copywriters for a new digital banking app. Working with senior management to create tone of voice and in-app content while embedded with the design and development teams.
September 2015 - January 2018
Brand Design & Content Manager
Responsible for the overall Virgin Trains West Coast creative direction and content strategy, I act as a brand guardian and creative consultant, working with agencies, key stakeholders and senior management to deliver and implement design, major projects, partnerships, brand activation across multiple channels. I manage the development and creative output of the Brand Design & Content team of 6 including designers and copywriters.
• Creative direction, management and delivery of concept First Class Lounge
• Introduced in-house copy writing role
• Implementation of workflow management tools and process
• 42% YoY increase internal cost savings through in-house design work
• Creative direction and production of industry benchmark-beating content
• Concept, creative direction, experiential and identity design for award-winning Festival No.6 brand activation
• Winner, Marketing Week Awards 2016 - Branded Experiences, Festival No.6
• Winner, UK Festival Awards 2015 - Best Brand Activation, Festival No.6
January - September 2015
Brand Design Manager
Managing the creative direction and output of the Brand Design team, developing and modernising content creation, implementing new workflow processes and systems.
• Strategy, and development of customer experience design guidelines
• UI art direction and development for Virgin Trains BEAM onboard entertainment app
• Creative direction for virgintrains.com re-launch photoshoot
• Art direction for Virgin Trains Escapes, creating and launching a magazine from scratch in 8 weeks
Managing two designers I was responsible for the art direction of day-to-day design, managing suppliers, quotes and budgets and designing for major brand activations, partnership and PR projects.
• Brand and design development for the winning Virgin Trains East Coast franchise bid to the DfT
• Increase of in-house design resource
• Conception, design and production of Traindeer
• Winner, CorpComms DigiAwards 2015 - Most Innovative Use of Twitter, Traindeer
• Highly Commended, Corpcomms DigiAwards 2015 -Best Use of Facebook, Traindeer
• Highly Commended,
PR Week UK Awards 2015,
(Automotive & Transport
Marcoms of the Year) -Traindeer
Designing and copy writing for brand comms and collateral, this role was all about bringing Virgin flair and tone of voice to life.
Autocar Magazine, Haymarket Media Group
Editorial layout and digital design for the world's first weekly car magazine. Working to extremely tight deadlines, managing and commissioning shoots, photographers and illustrators, my role needed a sharp eye for detail.
Haymarket Media Group
Designer & Production Controller
Sole designer producing print and digital subscriptions marketing material for 14 brands.
Writing features and news, assisting on photoshoots.